About Me:

Let me tell you a little about what God is doing in my crazy, wonderful life! This blog is to let you (yes, you) follow me on this amazing journey for the Lord. Because of you, my life has been dramatically flipped, turned, and shaken around. But I am oh-so-thankful for you and your support! Thank you for encouraging me, motivating me, and allowing me to follow the Lord on this amazing journey!

July 23, 2012

"Home" in Indiana . . .

So before I say anything about this amazing life-changing experience, I want to apologize for not being able to blog while in Africa. We had 2 communication days which consisted of 20 minutes each time of super sketchy African internet (: needless to say, the whole 20 minutes all I did was talk to my mom, which was much needed. So to catch you up on everything, and when I say everything I don't really mean everything because there is no way I could express everything in a blog post, I am going to take a few days, or a lot of days, to write enteries from my journal that I wrote in everyday. I feel that this would be the easiest way, along with pictures, for my supporters, YOU, to see what I experienced. So here goes what God did in my month long adventure for Him.

Plane Ride - Atlanta to Amsterdam: 10:24pm & 4 hours to go -- 06-25-12

Well 8 hours on a plane I would not describe as fun but I would say eye-opening. Last night at worship, Jordan, a worship leader, came up to me and said "Ever since you got here God has constantly been telling me that you are bold and pure. The Lord loves you no matter what." Simply amazing. She also told me that my love for the Lord radiates from me. Such an encouragement to hear the Lord's truth. So as I sit on a plane, a Delta plane to be exact, I observe a woman. This woman does not speak English and is confused and lost because she can't understand. ---> WHAT A REMINDER - sometimes we can't always understand the Lord. But then, a man who knew her language translated to her. Sometimes, when we can't hear the Lord clearly He puts translators like Kelly, Ashley, and Jordan in our lives to translate to us. Isn't the God we serve A-MAZING. I sure think so :) 3 hours and 50 minutes until we reach Amsterdam. I can't believe the Lord has brought me this far already. Tomorrow I will be setting food on foreign ground. God is so good! Love you Lord.

<3 Em

"You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1

No comments:

Post a Comment