About Me:

Let me tell you a little about what God is doing in my crazy, wonderful life! This blog is to let you (yes, you) follow me on this amazing journey for the Lord. Because of you, my life has been dramatically flipped, turned, and shaken around. But I am oh-so-thankful for you and your support! Thank you for encouraging me, motivating me, and allowing me to follow the Lord on this amazing journey!

July 25, 2012

June 27th, 2012 - Eburru, Kenya

On the 26th at 8:30 pm (Kenya time) we finally landed in Nairobi, Kenya. Customs, visas, package, etc... never ending stress (: But somewhat good stress. Who knew that Kenya could be so sketchy. We were obviously warned about the "scary" stuff. If asked what we were doing, we were students touring Kenya. Always carry your back-pack on the front of you, don't speak loudly, and don't say the "M" word. A.K.A- missionary. Was I part of something illegal? POSSIBLY (: So we landed and we headed to get our visas. Finger-prints, photo taken, and passport scanned then we finally made it to the luggage claim. They sent 2 students with a leader to find our host, Pastor Steve. We then were taken to the matatu, a fourteen passenger, public form of transportation.

Since it was dark when we arrived in Nairobi and it is dangerous to travel at night, we stayed at the YMCA in Nairobi. What a blessing from the Lord, we had our own beds, running hot water, and toilets. (: Yes, I realize that I am very excited over something so very minuscule to Americans, but it was a BIG deal (:


We woke up and were served breakfast: toast, eggs, and fruit. DELICIOUS, seriously. At 9 we left for Eburru. At 9:30 we stopped to exchange money. $1=81 shillings. Then we continued on our journey to Eburru. We stopped 2 hours later to get our food at the grocery store. This is were I experienced my first squatty potty. (sorry no picture for the fancy, flushing squatty (= ) While we were waiting on our leaders, we made peanut butter sandwiches out of finger-knives. YUM --> at least the Lord blessed us with food. 2 more hours on the road & we will finally make it to our "home". SO BEAUTIFUL. Thank you Lord for everything.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." - Mark 12:30

No comments:

Post a Comment