About Me:

Let me tell you a little about what God is doing in my crazy, wonderful life! This blog is to let you (yes, you) follow me on this amazing journey for the Lord. Because of you, my life has been dramatically flipped, turned, and shaken around. But I am oh-so-thankful for you and your support! Thank you for encouraging me, motivating me, and allowing me to follow the Lord on this amazing journey!

June 01, 2012

20 days until Africa

Wow, where has time gone? We are now into June which means this month I leave. God is so good. I started working at the Wells Community Pool as a lifeguard and also at River Terrace Estates - a nursing home - as a CNA (certified nursing assistant) to earn money for college when I return home.

Graduation went well. I can't believe that high-school is already over. My mom constantly reminds me that it shouldn't be over for another year...(: Thank you for everyone who helped with my graduation open house. It was so nice to have a day where I could visit with family I hadn't seen in a while and also friends. Thank you to those who came and graciously gave me some sort of gift, it was not necessary. I promise you will be receiving a thank-you in the mail soon (:

My flights have been booked for Africa, 2 days of flying there and 3 days coming back. God has continued to amaze me. My trip has been fully funded and I am so amazed at how loving and caring you all have been. I got more details on my trip this week. Here they are (this is from one of the trip leaders):

Here is a little more information for you about your upcoming trip to Kenya. Please note that this information is tentative and subject to change.

You guys will be spending the majority of your time in Eburru, Kenya. You will be doing a variety of relational ministry including, but not limited to, working in an orphanage, preaching, VBS, and some evangelism. Eburru is a bush environment so bathrooms are squatty potties and showers are bucket showers. 

I have a feeling that my life is about to change, COMPLETELY. Some of you might ask what a squatty potty is.... WELL, it is a hole in the ground where you squat. That's a bit of change from my toilet. I'm sure that this will not be the only thing I have to adjust too (: 


Prayer requests:
- That the Lord would prepare my heart
- That the Lord would protect me and the group I am with
- Prayer for all of those praying for me, without you, this trip would not be possible.


Thank you all for being so loving and gracious throughout this journey that the Lord is taking me on! 


God Bless,
Emma 


"But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word."
Acts 6:4 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment