About Me:

Let me tell you a little about what God is doing in my crazy, wonderful life! This blog is to let you (yes, you) follow me on this amazing journey for the Lord. Because of you, my life has been dramatically flipped, turned, and shaken around. But I am oh-so-thankful for you and your support! Thank you for encouraging me, motivating me, and allowing me to follow the Lord on this amazing journey!

March 30, 2012

God is so good

Wow, spring break has come and is almost gone. God never fails to amaze me with how He opens my eyes. This week I went to lunch with an amazing mentor and Godly women. I have been so blessed to have her in my life. It was a date for my late birthday. I was not expecting anything but lunch, but she had a present for me. She got me an amazing book called "Kisses from Katie". It's about a girl who travels to Africa and her story of God's journey. Check it out! kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com ! But I also received a necklace. (: (the silver one) This necklace will be for Rachel and I to wear (and anyone else who would like one) as a reminder to pray for each other while I am on God's journey in Africa this summer. Rachel's necklace will serve as a reminder for her to pray for me and mine will be a reminder to pray for those who are praying for me. God is so good and has blessed me with some amazing people, Rachel being one. Love you Rachel.


Upon starting to read "Kisses from Katie" my eyes were opened to the need in Africa. But also the need here, in Bluffton. Not just overseas is there poverty and people not understanding or hearing the awesome news about an amazing Savior. This really hit me while I was reading Katie's book. So glad that God can teach me through someone I don't even know. Amazing!

This week I attended a college visit at Ivy Tech in Fort Wayne. It was a tour of their nursing program (which I am pursuing nursing degree). The Dean at Ivy Tech was talking about her experience in nursing and my eyes were opened to an amazing opportunity, Missionary Nursing. It is actually a degree! God is so good. Immediately after hearing her say she got a degree in missionary nursing, my eyes lit up and I began to cry. I hope that I will be able to achieve this goal. I thank the Lord for this opportunity to hear of something that I had no idea about.

Hope everyone is well and God continues to bless the people that He has put in my life!

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48 - I have been given so much. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment