About Me:

Let me tell you a little about what God is doing in my crazy, wonderful life! This blog is to let you (yes, you) follow me on this amazing journey for the Lord. Because of you, my life has been dramatically flipped, turned, and shaken around. But I am oh-so-thankful for you and your support! Thank you for encouraging me, motivating me, and allowing me to follow the Lord on this amazing journey!

August 06, 2012

June 28, 2012- Day 2: Eburru, Kenya

Sorry for the late post, the past few weeks have been a little hectic to say the least (:

TIA. Do you know what that means? I didn't either until yesterday. This Is Africa. That is for sure. When someone says TIA it usually means things are about to change. When we left for Eburru we were informed that we would not be staying in our nice huts for long. We were going to be moving to another village. None of the team knows when it will be but I'm sure it won't be long. Another TIA moment, when you wear the same outfit for the 3rd day in a row. THIS IS AFRICA (: Our first night we learned quickly that it is not just chilly, IT IS FREEZING. When I say freezing I mean like 35-40 degrees at night. I am just glad I have somewhat warm clothes. My hut was asleep by 10:30pm which was nice to get some rest after all our traveling. We were woke up around 7 by our lovely rooster. SARCASM. But he/she constantly makes noise. Right now I'm sitting on the floor of our hut trying to stay warm at 8 in the morning. Here is my attire: a tank-top, t-shirt, long-sleeve shirt, hoodie, leggings, 2 pairs of socks, and my skirt all cuddled up in my sleeping-bag. (: FINALLY WARM. I have a feeling that we are all going to have runny noses. Well we will see how today goes (: Thank you Lord for blessing us with warm clothes and sleeping bags.

Love, Em

Philippians 2:11 - "Every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment