About Me:

Let me tell you a little about what God is doing in my crazy, wonderful life! This blog is to let you (yes, you) follow me on this amazing journey for the Lord. Because of you, my life has been dramatically flipped, turned, and shaken around. But I am oh-so-thankful for you and your support! Thank you for encouraging me, motivating me, and allowing me to follow the Lord on this amazing journey!

August 07, 2012

June 28, 2012 - Eburru, Kenya : Night #2

Breakfast: ooji, pineapple, and toast
Lunch: PB&J with left overs from supper
Supper: Taco sloppy joes and potatoes

So meals were pretty good. Gag down the breakfast (: Ooji is African porridge, basically really watered down oatmeal. NASTY.
Breakfast.
Supper.

Everything was good other than breakfast. So after breakfast we headed down to Camp Brethern Christian School. OH.MY.GOSH, broke my heart. So many children so excited to see us (: Every child who walked by wanted to touch our hands. SO precious. We got to sing songs, teach a lesson, and play games. The best day ever. My heart instantly melted for these kids. Throughout the day the Lord has revealed a verse about humility. I have had a hard time adjusting to the "community" idea. Community is our leaders nice was of saying you have no rights and anything you brought can be wore or used by anyone. Not to mention the food we brought had to be given to the leaders to give us at appropriate times. Any-African <---- you like that? (: The verse the Lord put on my heart is Philippians 2:1-4:

"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, 
if any comfort from His love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any 
tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-
minded, have the same love, being one in the Spirit and of one mind.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility
value others about yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each
of you to the interests of the others." 

WOW,WOW,WOW. We serve one A-MAZING God. Though the war is raging on we are the Lord's warriors.

Love Em

C O U R A G E O U S 

No comments:

Post a Comment